13.01.2018 – 16.01.2018
Arrived in Antigua after a long ride due to traffic jam in Guatemala City, I checked in in Hostal Matox. The private shuttle from my hostel ind Guatemala City to my new hostal was 80Q.
Matox, an awesome hotel everything what a traveler needs. Good beds, stable wifi, books for reading, big kitchen and even a whirlpool!!! They even had bike for free rent! Unfortunately I had to change hostel because I just booked one night and the hostel was full for the other days. So therefore I change to three monkey also a great hostel, just the whirlpool was missing. 🙂
Anyway during my stay I visited the different sites. Different churches, Chocolate museum, central park and the best was the mirador de la cruz. Next destination Panajachel.
Highlights and Recommendations:
- Mirador del Cerro de la Cruz (go there between 8:00 and 15:00, tourist police is there for security)
- Eat at the farm Caoba (see the picture, Pizza)
- for a good salad go to Luna del Miel
- Central park
- Chocolate museum (there are two)
- Santo Domingo
- Fridas, mexican restaurant, monday and thursday 2×1 cocktail
- Or even a volcano hike