24.01.2018 – 25.01.2018
On the 24th I took the boat from San Pedro to San Marco (10Q). When I arrived in San Marcos I went to Villa Tzankujil (100Q a private room) due to a recommendation of a friend. Unfortunately when I arrived the villa was fully booked but I have been lucky. Right next to it (left) there was Casa Azul which had some available rooms for 90Q. Booked!!!
It was time for lunch, but before I tell you where I ate, I have to describe the awesome breakfast I had in the morning. I had a brownie and pan de chocolate from Circles Café, was so amazing!!!!
Anyway for lunch I went to Comedor Konojel, a non profit project that sell amazing food. Menu costs around 30 Q and is pretty good. Even good for breakfast and dinner.
Later that day I went to the mirador and the “trampoline” where you can jump into the water. They are located in the natural reserve Cerro Tzankujil (15Q, open from 9 to 5). There is also a small hike around the hill and the view is breathtaking. Look at the photos!!!
Thanks Reini for the recommendations.
25th early in the morning (8 am in San Pedro) it was time to take the shuttle to Antigua and then to Guatemala City (125 Q).
It was already the last day in Guatemala, bye bye!!!
- Villa Tzankujil private room 100Q https://goo.gl/maps/Cv7AkXVN1FL2
- Casa Azul 90Q private room right next to Villa Tzankujil
- Natural reserve Cerro Tzankujil, nice hike, good for swimming, jumping and nice view, 15 Q and from 9 to 5, https://goo.gl/maps/C5z6B4iLPz72
- Comedor Konojel, breakfast, lunch and dinner, non profit project, good food and drinks https://goo.gl/maps/wT59i4zGfpP2
- Circles Café, awesome bakery, a little pricey https://goo.gl/maps/jffUdqmmsKy